Colour blocking started as a fashion statement in the 80’s. Clashing prints and neon colours were rather garish. Using the same principles of colour blocking in interior design but muting the neon colours down with tasteful and delectable colours makes for an interior design trend that keeps on growing in popularity!
Are you a fan of colour blocking for an interior design flare? You’re certainly not alone! Not only does it draw the eye it is incredibly affordable to do! Check out below for my favourite inspirations from Instagram:
1) A featured area
2) Bringing a door colour onto the wall and mixing it up with wall stickers!
3) Don’t be afraid to go bold – mix up colours and patterns!
4) Simple but effective around a door frame
5) No need for the cost of a headboard when you can paint one!
6) Cutting straight lines into curved ones with the help of frog tape! Make a real statement piece
8) Merge two colours from one room into the next with just a hint of colour blocking
9) Extend the wall colour up onto the ceiling!!
10) Create your own art
Don’t be afraid to try it in your home! All you need is:
1) A paint brush
2) Some tester pots or left over paint
3) Low tack masking tape if you don’t fancy the steady hand approach!
4) Tape measure
5) Spirit level
6) A pencil
If you are worried about decorating straight onto your desired surface then sketch your design and paint it on a piece of cardboard first to practice! It will also help you decide if it’s the right pattern to go for! Don’t be afraid of just going for it! It is a lot easier than you think and all else fails you can always paint over it!!!
Let me know what you think on Instagram! Share your colourblock creations and @beautblog_x and #beauthomes so I see!